From Our Blog...
- No CommentsSilencers are subject to the laws of physics and fluid dynamics just like everything else. Hiram Maxim’s original firearm silencer did a terrific job at reducing the jarring impulse noise of rapidly expanding propellant gasses entering the atmospher. How? His silencer slowed the propellant gas down to the point where …| Read More
- No CommentsA fair amount of you have asked me about the reasoning for Discreet Ballistics having two different loads for 300 Blackout. We make a Pistol/SBR load which is optimized for barrels between 7-11” and a Carbine load which is optimized for 16” barrels. The reasons we offer these two different …| Read More
- No CommentsU.S made Soviet VSS Vintorez suppressed rifle An article featured on TFB told the story of an American father and son trying to build one of the unicorns of the firearms world: the Russian VSS Vintorex. This is quite significant due to the fact that these fully automatic and integrally …| Read More
- No CommentsOn June 9th, 2016 the state-owned Indonesian defense company PT Pindad launched four new small arms systems. Included was a new rifle named the SS2-V7 Subsonic. This new rifle is based on the standard issue SS2 which was introduced to the Indonesian military in 2006. The SS2 is an entirely …| Read More
- No CommentsLobaev Arms DVL-10 Saboteur The Lobaev Arms DVL-10 Saboteur is an integrally suppressed sniper rifle system that is designed for relatively close ranges. Along with standard 308 Win, the DLV-10 uses a new proprietary cartridge called the 40 Lobaev which sends a 419 grain bullet at subsonic velocities. At 1017 …| Read More
New Hampshire Based Discreet Ballistics Discusses Consistency in Their Subsonic Ammunition Loading Process
Discreet Ballistics Tests Their 308 Subsonic Loads
Grafton County Fish and Game – Lebanon, NH.